FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY TO GET COMPENSATION
The following are some Xarelto lawsuit updates:
- On April 7, 2015 two new court documents were issued regarding the Xarelto MDL in Pennsylvania and Louisiana. A court order dated March 24 for the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Louisiana noted that plaintiffs could file cases directly in the proceeding. On March 23, court documents stated that in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in Pennsylvania, plaintiffs who want to file lawsuits can use a Master Long Form Complaint in Pennsylvania's (PA) mass tort proceeding for Xarelto.
- On March 1, 2016, The New York Times reported that lawyers for patients suing J&J and Bayer claim that the companies were aware of but hid data about Xarelto safety concerns.
- After May 19, 2016, plaintiffs cannot file joint complaints in the Xarelto MDL currently proceeding in the Eastern District of Louisiana. After that, only individual complaints will be permitted.
- More than 4,500 Xarelto lawsuits, consolidated under U.S. District Judge Eldon Fallon, are scheduled to begin in February 2017. In a pretrial order issued on March 22, 2016, the judge ended the joint complaint filing procedure.
- One of these joint complaints was just filed in the MDL court on March 22, 2016, when Judge Fallon entered the new order. That claim involved 10 plaintiffs from different states. All of them alleged that after taking Xarelto (rivaroxaban), they suffered serious injuries including internal bleeding.